Effective on: 1st August 2014
OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
USE INCATES ACCEPTANCE
Please read this Policy carefully as your use of this website is deemed to be agreement with and acceptance of the Policy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In this policy the term “personal information” means any information that can be used to personally you as an specific individual and has the same meaning as that given in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), that is:
"Personal information" means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
We may collect the following kinds of personal information from you:
• Contact Information
§ Company name
§ Contact name
§ Street address
§ Suburb and postcode
§ Email address
§ Telephone number
• Regulatory and Compliance Information
§ Australian Company Number (ACN)
§ Australian Business Number (ABN)
• Payment Information
• Technical Information
§ IP address (IP address is sometimes considered personal information because it is possible in certain circumstances to use it to identify an individual.)
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Both truck seekers and truck owners are invited to register on the website. Registration for all users requires creating a password and security code.
Truck Seekers may upload a profile picture such as a personal photograph.
Truck Owners may upload a logo/image, description of their company and their company website url.
Truck Drivers may upload a profile picture such as a personal photograph, a resume and “About Me” statement and the type of heavy vehicle license they hold.
This information is used to:
• allow members and visitors to the website to find and access your profile
• assist other members and visitors in deciding if they want to communicate with you, and
• to allow you to participate in the services we provide.
Anything you choose to provide on your profile is public content.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect personally identifiable information about you if you voluntarily supply it, for example by:
• sending us an email
• sending us a letter
• telephoning us
• Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
• This direct collection of your personal information can occur in the following ways:
§ when you access and use our website
§ when you complete purchases, registrations, requests or applications for our services via the Internet
§ when you communicate with us directly (by email, paper mail, fax or telephone).
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We usually hold your personal information in electronic form, although it may be in hard copy form if you choose to mail paper documents to us.
Information provided electronically is retained in our computer systems and databases. This includes Internet servers and hosted Internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in paper (hard copy) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
• to provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
• to communicate with you, including about the services and special offers or promotions which might interest you;
• to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
• to create orders, transaction records, service agreements, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
• to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
• to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
• our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, for example Internet service providers and our IT systems administrators;
• our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
• if required by law, to any person authorised by such law.
There is no overseas disclosure of your personal information. Our servers are hosted in Australia and we only provide services within Australia to an Australian user base.
PROTECTION OF MINORS
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register on this website or use any functionality for which registration is required. The website is directed at users over 18 years of age. If you are not 18 years or older, please do not use the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties such as truck owners who have registered with TruckSeeker and wish to promote their businesses.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content such third party websites. We cannot provide any representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third parties.
Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we suggest you read their privacy policies carefully before sharing personal information.
RELEASE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR LEGAL REASONS
TruckSeeker may release your personal information for legal reasons:
• when it believes in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order)
• to protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the website
• to protect our rights or property
• to enforce any contract between you and TruckSeeker, or
• if we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like us to update or correct your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com and we will make the requested changes.
If you are a subscriber you may access and correct your own information by accessing your account and amending your profile or account details.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached or have any related complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
We will attempt to respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take some additional time.
DATE OF LAST UPDATE